Tuesday 6 May 2008

The Good, The Bad and The Summary...

The Good...

Looking back on last weeks entry, I am pleased to say that I have completed the alterations to the 'Corporate Identity' work and have made great headway with the CD artwork.

The at times fantastic weather we have experienced this week has provided me with the perfect opportunity to spend many hours practicing the sophisticated skill that is photography. Whilst I have never claimed to be a 'photographer', the results (admittedly in my opinion) were impressive and gave me plenty of manipulation opportunities.

This along with the intensive sketchbook work has put me right back where I needed to be. My motivation and determination is at an all time high and I have never been happier with my position on the course.

The idea's and ideals are bouncing around in the ink well that is my mind. I fell that the only thing holding me back is my ability to convey those feelings and idea's to paper / screen; skills and techniques that will improve vastly with practice.

The Bad...


The largest area for concern that I have is that my two days of creative freedom is soon to pass and I will have to go back to the drudgery that is retail employment. I feel that my largest hindrance on the course is the time consuming beast that is commonly known as work. In light of this I have put any measures in place to reduce the amount of hours I have to work each week so that I can concentrate my efforts on what matters, this course.

The Summary...

Thanks for reading

Shaun Bellis

--
Quote of the week

"It's not the will to win, but the will to prepare to win that makes the difference." - Paul Bryant

3 comments:

Victoria Fisher said...

Balancing college work and a job is hard. After been on the course for 6 months I had to cut my work hours down because it was too much. If I could I would cut down more hour but I can’t, so I make a time table each week so I know when I am going to be doing college work and when I get some free time. Remember it’s important to have some free time as well, as this can give you a fresh mind to help you get new ideas and see improvements you could make to your work.

Rebecca Bradley said...

I think that vicky made a good point about making a time table this way it will give you a better idea of when you can fit college work in with your work hours.

Its good to see that your well on your way to finishing your Cd case.

John Browne said...

Youv'e always enjoyed the course in all aspects. Even at the worser times you have given no hesitation to the task and been the jolly man you are, you happily skipped along.

Work can be an issue, and also the social parts of out life. At the beginning of the course I found it realy hard to find time to do the work due to both annoyance, and not been able to say no.

Things have shaped up a great deal since then though, and I now place the course as a number one priority. This is something I realy want to do so the work needs to be done.