Reading week journal entry...
- Prepare a five minute long presentation to satisfy Learning outcome 4.4 (Ideas Generation) surrounding the different cultural perceptions and interpretations of the colour '
- Composition and publication of this week’s online learning journal.
- Secure personal hosting complete with professional, suitable domain name.
- Ensure that I have posted comments on at least 32 other peoples journal entries since the beginning of the course.
- Read and implement the communications guidelines to be posted by Steve Smith in this journal.
- Read and annotate the next two assignments ready for next week.
I have really enjoyed working at home. I feel as though with a little more self-discipline, my place of residence would provide me with a very productive working environment.
Though out my research into the psychological affects and cultural perceptions of colour (not just the colour I have been assigned), it has really opened my eyes to the fact that society plays a large part in how we interpret things.
It is now my understanding that the colours companies use in their corporate identity give off similar subconscious messages to body language.
I feel that people and companies should be very aware of the colours they use.
Having already had my own hosting and domain name has slightly relieved the pressures off this week.
Whilst I have thoroughly enjoyed this weeks tasks, I have found that it is quite easy to become distracted at whilst working from home. I have been fortunate that for the majority of it I have had the house to myself.
I am happy that we are going to get our first presentation out of the way as I believe that we all need the practice; the first is the worst.
I am pleased with the level of productivity produced by myself when working from home.
I feel that the group is beginning now to really bond. Almost everyone made a real effort to ensure that we were all in communication through today and yesterday and that people knew what they were supposed to do.
Well done to everyone who managed to do everything they were asked.
Quote of the week...
“People can have the Model T in any color - so long as it's black” - Henry Ford