Tuesday 9 October 2007

Now that possibly the worst week of my life is now behind me, its time to crack on with the job in hand.

The pre-submission submission date has worked well. The combination of been a bit behind (mainly due to last week) and the was then impending deadline had a very positive affect on my motivation and productivity.

I am half way through reading 'Don't Make Me Think' by Steve Krug. I truly recommend this book to anyone. The best way I can describe the book is that its like taking a really cold shower first thing on a morning, it distinctively awakens you and opens your eyes.

One of my favourite parts is where Krug states that users tend to treat websites as billboards rather than as the intricate masterpieces that we all like to believe we create. Its not so much the realisation that this is the case that sticks in my mind but Krugs reaction to this. He states that we have to make great billboards.

This furthers my belief that in life you have to do the very best you can with the cards you are dealt.



Motivational Quote of the Week
"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve." - Dr. Napoleon Hill

1 comment:

Craig Burgess said...

A simple - but very important - point to remember is this: content is key. That's why 99% of websites are built.

If a website somehow stops the content being viewed or found, then that website doesn't work.

It's ironic really that the most important part of a website is usually the part that we have little or no control over. We do however have control over how it appears on the page, and it's our job to make sure it appears in the best light that it can, within client boundaries.