Tuesday 29 January 2008

Poorly Again... or is it still?

Once again, I find myself victim to the very much-overstated illness that is Man Flu!

My attempts to hide my illness and come into college were quickly foiled by Steve. After a quick feedback session, it was decided that it was best if I went home and rested; perhaps this is the reason I find myself once again poorly.

However, this time the illness has cost me more than just a few days off college. Much to my regret I have been unable to attend the visit to the Design Mechanics.

I am sure that I will be able to read about the experience on the other peoples journals; perhaps there will be a small talk on Monday regarding the days events as there was when the Design Mechanics came to visit us.

Fortunately, whilst I am not yet 100% better, I am well on the way back to good health.

This week will have to see an increase in self-study hours to accommodate for the poor start.

--

Quote of the week

“People who cannot find time for recreation are obliged sooner or later to find time for illness.” - John Wanamaker

4 comments:

Greg Carrick said...

Hope you feel better soon because the class and seminar group was very quite without you!

As you’ve probably found out, I took your place in the trip to the Design Mechanics. And I can’t help but think that the trip might have been more informative if you attended as well, since we all know how many questions you can ask!

Gary Benn said...

Whilst it is a shame you could'nt attend the Design Mechanics, I have to disagree with Greg, Sorry. Some people leave all the questions to Shaun which isnt always the best thing to do.

It is a shame you couldn't have been in college on Monday as I feel it was a very productive day being a "Get on with it day". There wasn't much chatter at all.

Although illness is not nice, the results of ignoring it is worse. If you feel that bad you should take the rest. Apart from stopping us all getting it too, it will help you get better somewhat sooner with the rest. Meaning you can get back to work.

Has your work load suffered this week? Would be good to hear how your site is going, have you uploaded it yet Mr I-WANT-CSS? :)

Get well soon!

Michelle Bonfield said...

Firstly I hope you're feeling a lot better now! It's a hard life being a man in these perilous winter months!

In terms of the Design Mechanics it was a valuable experience more for a personal realisation. I'm sure everyone would of taken different things from the visit. If there is anything you'd like to know I'm more than happy to have a chat about it. Equally I'm sure you'll have the opportunity to visit again in the near future.

Looking forward to seeing you back Monday!

Shaun Bellis said...

Thanks Everyone

It really does sound like an opportunity missed for me.

I can understand where you are coming from Gary about me asking all the questions; I think its more accurate to say that I generally 'jump in' before anyone else rather than to say that people 'leaving' the questions to me.

I completely agree with you regarding the illness being much worse if you try to ignore it, however, this is perhaps the reason that I tend to be ill for longer than most people.

Naturally, my workload has suffered this week; however, the course moves on regardless and so must I.

It is simply a case of work harder to catch up on the time lost.

--
See you all on Monday!

Shaun Bellis